Finally decided to close the comment section on that WTDIYTYPMBA post.
Category Archives: Metablogging
Thank you, always.
Okay, that’s enough of this radio silence. I don’t care how much you feel like isolating yourself, brain. We need someplace to vent. So go… post some drafts or something, and cut this out.
Some stuff going on:
- Dealing with various health issues and trying to balance out my meds & diet has been feeling like a game of whack-a-mole
- Trying to accomplish a life thing, maybe, so I can maybe have a job that I like one day instead of continuing to be a dreary office gremlin
- Realized I might be cutting off contact with my entire family minus my sister just in time for the holidays, nbd nbd
- If you weren’t already aware: Imzy is out of closed beta now. Sorry if you requested an invite from me and it got lost in transit (as happened with at least 1 person) — now you don’t need one! Besides my critical kink comm Unravel, I recommend Sci’s Asexuality comm (specifying hers because there’s two of ’em).
- It’s occurred to me that I actually find it pretty strange that people who say “cishet aro/aces” aren’t the same people who say “monosexuals” (mostly, anyway)
- I’m going to a Big Thing and it’s exciting and something to look forward to but it’s also up north and I haven’t been up north since I was a toddler, please send help
- I get bored at work and recently compiled a list of my favorite fictional depictions of abuse and abuse victims, gonna write that up as a real post one day maybe
- Smaller big thing happening Monday, wish me mental clarity
- I keep thinking to myself “oh no, what am I going to do for Thanksgiving” but then I remember that I’ve never even liked Thanksgiving and it’s always literally the worst food of the year to me
- Recently joined a tabletop roleplaying group and started a new campaign like a true nerd… our party is a hot mess in the worst way but I can report with satisfaction that so far not one of us has attempted the “I roll to seduce them” tactic, so let’s end this post on that positive note
with (for) me
about like. ace umbrella anti-abuse bondage anarchist… stuff… or just… non-d/s kink… nonsexual kink… or, I guess, any of the combinations of things that I can’t find enough content on, that I want to talk about with more people…
this imzy thing seems pretty neat.
– tumblr-style dashboard of all the stuff you follow
– nested/grouped comments (!) enabling actual discussion
– staff who actually give a darn about harassment
– options for posting anonymous questions
– but also the ability to ban users even when they’re on anon
best of both worlds?? yes? I hope so.
hello is this thing on
very impatient to get my posts to show up in the tags so I can ask some questions of the tag readers who think asexuality is TMI
I have other post ideas but that’s the post I have motivation for rn.
So I if I were, say, informally compiling a list of questions to ask, to direct at the folks expressing an opinion on who it’s appropriate for aces to tell they’re ace (re: “only your partner” business)… hypothetically, how would I make sure that any of them come across it? (I’m just kinda assuming that people with that opinion aren’t following this blog already)
If everything is working right, you should soon be able to view this post on https://theacetheist-alt.tumblr.com. Follow that blog to get new Ace Theist posts directly on your tumblr dash, which I’m just going to go ahead and assume someone might want to do despite what my self esteem tells me.
For those who aren’t already familiar with what I write, here are a few posts I’m kinda proud of:
- Advice for Therapists of Asexual Clients // (rebloggable)
- Aces in the Church: Call for Zine Submissions [deadline: aug 15] // (rebloggable)
- “Is this abuse?”: A Guide For Aces // (rebloggable)
- Examples of Bad Ace Advice // (rebloggable)
- What Demisexuality Critics Believe
- How Not to Do 101 on Asexuality, Sex Repulsion, and Sexual Activity // (rebloggable)
- Differentiating Sexual Attraction and Sexual Desire
- Asexuality & Religion Overview // (rebloggable)
- Aro/Ace Word Origins Ref // (rebloggable)
- “Experiences attraction infrequently” doesn’t cut it // (rebloggable)
- Preemptive vs. Concurrent + Reflective Consent // (rebloggable)
- Trouble with the Trichotomy: sex indifference, repulsion, and elsewise // (rebloggable)
- Strategies of Defining QPPs
- Quoiromanticism infographic [text version]
- an ethnography of running for your life
- bonus: that one time I got unexpectedly quoted on RFAS
- (and if you’re an ace and you don’t already know what RFAS is, go check it out)
Note: If you have commentary to give on any of my posts, I’m generally up for discussion with anyone, but in that case, please use my handy dandy comment section available on my actual blog! I find having discussions over tumblr very unwieldy and inaccessible and it doesn’t work for me. So if you have something to say and want me to see, please leave a WP comment (or use my askbox).
I’ll see you there.
So I’m thinking about finally doing what The Asexual Agenda did and setting up a way to auto-crosspost to tumblr, to help people see my posts and stuff.
Um. We’ll see how this goes.