A compilation of links on the gray areas of the ace & aro spectrums. Contributions welcome.
Note: some of these links have been copied over from Queenie’s 2014 teeny tiny linkspam on greyness, which is also worth checking out, but since it’s been a few years I decided to put together a new one in order to highlight some more recent posts, as well.
What is Grayness?
- Many ways to be between by Siggy
- Why do you identify as gray?
- Greyness: 301 by Cor
- Greyromanticism 301 by Queenie
- Ambiguous and heading nowhere by Siggy
- Visualizing demisexuality by Queenie
- grey experiences by PC
- a gray kind of ace by Coyote
- an experience of demiromanticism by Queenie
- the diversity of greyness by Cor
- on grey alienation by Alpha
Language & Lineages
- The development of gray asexuality and demisexuality as identity terms by Hezekiah
- “Ace” *is* an umbrella term by Omnes et Nihil, about how “ace” includes asexuals & gray-asexuals both
- Spec Work: Tracing the Emergence of “Spec” as a Suffix by Coyote
- On Lith and Stone by Ian, on the origins of lithromanticism
- Gray-asexuality and other both/ands & in-betweens by Coyote
- On Dating as a Demiromantic by Southpaw
- The Relationship Between the Aro and Ace Communities: A Greyromantic Perspective by Laura G.
- Talking “‘rare’ sexual attraction” is harmful by Cor
- Being grayromantic and not talking about it by Siggy [note: a caveat about certain terminology]
- As an Asexual, I Find the Idea of Grey(a)sexuality Useful by Sara K.
- Aro-ish: Permanent Questioning & the Aromantic Community by Elizabeth
- Crunching the Umbrella and Spinning the Reinvention Treadmill by Coyote
- Thoughts on gray flags
Responding to Anti-Gray Arguments
- I don’t care about your precious binary by Siggy
- In defense of demiromanticism by Queenie
- 2013-2014 in Ace Tumblr: the Gray Wars by Coyote
- Notes about the term asexual spectrum by Hezekiah
- Alloromantics vs. aromantics: the great divide by Queenie
- Oriented Gray by Coyote
Grayness in Fiction
- Yes, Raphael’s aromanticism was erased by Laura G.
- Why Are There So Few Grey-A Characters in Ace Fiction? by Sara K.
- Ideas for Writing Gray-Asexual Characters by Coyote