If I had my way (and 1000x more brainpower), I’d have helped put together a log far more extensive than this, but for now… recent events have pushed my “something’s better than nothing” sentiment to outpace my perfectionism. So here’s a very minimal sampling thrown together to meet that “better than nothing” threshold: links, resources, and recommended reading for anyone heading an asexuality-themed blog.
How to use this list:
- Skim the text below. You’re not expected to read everything and follow every link trail, but if something doesn’t look familiar, pursue it.
- If you don’t recognize any of the links in one of the categories below, pick at least one to check out.
- Definitely click at least three links in the last category.
- Bookmark this post to refer back to whenever you get a new question that describes something you don’t relate to or calls for expertise beyond your personal experience.
- Link, spread, and share with other ace advice bloggers!
Readers, as always, feel free to add more recs in the comments. I’m not trying to make a masterpost of all ace-related pages on the internet here, but the best fits would be main/general ace-targeted info, advice for advice blogs, and established sites you’d expect a well-equipped ace blog mod to be aware of.
- Asexual Explorations’ (outdated, but still useful) bibliography of academic writing on asexuality
- You can find abstracts of and links to more recent papers in Laura (ace-muslim)’s tags #asexuality in academic writing and #science of asexuality
- Asexual Explorations‘ asexual history timeline, dating back to 1948
- Acing History’s Library
- Asexuality: The History of a Definition (summary here)
Race and Nationality
- Vesper’s page of Asexual POC Resources
- Asexuality and Race googledoc
- International Aces linkspam part 1 + part 2
- the main site of Resources for Ace Survivors and their tumblr mirror site
- Please give survivor-competent ace advice!
Advice Blogs and Ace Education
- Queenie’s linkspam for people giving ace advice
- Examples of Bad Ace Advice (also has a lot of links and do’s & don’ts)
- How Not to Do 101 on Asexuality, Sex Repulsion, and Sexual Activity
- Sciatrix’s advice for ace blog best practices (for blogs with multiple mods)
- 5 Tips for Identifying & Handling Abuse as an Advice Blog Mod
- the Ace Advice Network, although defunct, also has a tab on best practices
For more topics, check out the past roundups from the Carnival of Aces.