A continuance of the church email project. I’ve received three replies so far (first, second, third) from the original eighteen churches contacted, and in order to get a better sample size, I’ve decided to conduct another round and see if I can suss out any patterns in ace-friendliness according to church denomination & LGBT-friendliness.
This time, I’ve sent out emails (with exactly the same format as last time) to a selection of 100 churches. Here’s the breakdown:
- 16 Catholic churches
- 12 Episcopal churches
- 12 Baptist churches, including 2 overtly anti-gay
- 4 Bible Churches
- 11 Presbyterian churches, including 1 gay-friendly and 1 LGBT-friendly
- 2 Churches of the Nazarene
- 23 Lutheran churches, including 1 gay-friendly, 1 LGB-friendly, 1 LGBT-friendly, and 1 with a link to this page which condemns homosexuality
- 13 Methodist churches, including 8 Reconciling (LGBT-friendly)
- 3 UCC churches, all of which are ONA (LGBT-friendly)
- and 4 churches not easily classified.
That’s a lot of churches.
On the one hand, I’m worried that I’ll get back more emails than I can process and this blog will be flooded with posts MSTing a truckload of very similar messages. On the other hand, Round 1 suggests that I shouldn’t expect a high response rate.
Aaaaaand it appears I have some emails waiting in my inbox already. Stay tuned.