The asexual and asexuality tags here on WordPress get a lot less use than they do on Tumblr, which is perhaps a good thing, but nonetheless I’ve found quite a few ostensibly non-ace people leaving posts there, just in the few months that I’ve been checking them. Here are some of the things I’ve seen come up more than once.
- asexuality awareness posts (skimming the surface along the lines of “hey, this exists”)
and general sexual orientation posts, usually with errors
- posts about cloning and asexual reproduction
- random short stories…?
- posts that complain about the use of sexuality labels
- posts about the blogger having gone through an “asexual phase”,
often ending on a celebratory note that the blogger is now “over it”
- the cringeworthy “I think my husband/partner/boyfriend might be asexual” posts written by people encountering relationship difficulties (and usually about a man, for some reason — your guess is as good as mine)
None of these are what I’m really looking for when I browse the tags, aside from maybe the first, but the last of them raises the most concerns. I almost have a mind to write a “What to Do If You Think Your Partner Might Be Asexual” post, just to throw at them the next time one of those inevitably comes around again.